Favorite Song: Cheap Thrills – Sia
Currently Watching: Game of Thrones
Favorite Tea: Don’t have one right now. I’m crushed!
Favorite Food: Raspberries. Always. Now that they’re in season, I’m in heaven.
App: Pinterest. I found this super delicious recipe for a strawberry cheesecake salad that I made for Memorial Day.
Weather: Warm and sunny. Yay! We’ve had some dreary weather lately, but the sun is starting to shine!
Mood: Happy, but warm. We reached 90 degrees this weekend!
Obsession: MONQ. It’s an aromatherapy device that allows you to inhale the essential oils. I’m still doing research, but so far it sounds legit.
In Case You Missed It
- May 2016 Wrap Up
- Monday Morning Cuppa || Alex Waters
- Top Ten Beach Necessities and Reads
- 5 Reasons Why I Love Libraries
- May Fairyloot Unboxing
- My Book Buying Habits Tag
- May Fantasy and Sci-Fi Books Unboxing
- First and foremost, the blog hit 100 followers last week! Thank you to everyone who’s taken the time to comment, like, read, and follow my blog. You have no idea how much it means to me.
- Incredibly random, but I figured out how to stop pingbacks to my posts whenever I link something in other posts.
- Twitter is continuing to grow, which is equally as exciting. I love interacting! 🙂
Around the Blogosphere
- The Orangutan Librarian planned out the *best* YA Novel ever. Parts 1, 2, and 3.
- Lauren talked about reading outside your comfort zone (something I try to do, but fail at sometimes).
- Izzi helped us brush up on our grammar and broke down the difference between ‘lay’ and ‘lie.’ (It really came in handy.)
FairyLoot is having a giveaway! If you take a selfie with either a box you’ve received or with the logo, you’ll be entered for a chance to win an August box. The rules are explained in the Instagram post below.
❕ GIVEAWAY ALERT ❕ We're hosting a fun FairyLoot Selfie giveaway and the winner will receive the August box (or if you've already subscribed you will receive the box after your subscription ends). We thought this would be a fun idea where we could get to see all your pretty faces! Are you in? Let's do this! The rules are: 1️⃣ Take a selfie with a box of FairyLoot or a picture of you with your FairyLoot box. Haven't ever received a box or waiting on yours? Take a picture of yourself with an image of the FairyLoot logo to enter! 2️⃣ Tag the picture with #fairylootselfiegw 3️⃣ Tell us your favourite item in any of the FairyLoot boxes you have received (or have seen from pictures) in the caption 4️⃣ Tag 3 friends in the comments of this picture 5️⃣ Must be following @fairyloot You're only allowed to enter once, it's open international and ends June 25th! Can't wait to see your lovely faces! Photo by our amazing rep @myriadinklings 💜
I’ve been absent on twitter, so I’m being a bit selfish this week. Anissa at FairyLoot retweeted my tweet about my unboxing post. *Cue fangirling* I love when I get to interact not only with fellow bloggers, but the people who put so much love into their subscriptions boxes (this has happened with Muse Monthly and Fantasy & Sci-Fi Books too!)
- I started my library classes last week, and so far I’m loving it!
- One of my assignments was to find a librarian that I can stay in contact with over the course of the class (and most likely program).
- I found one, and he’s awesome. I think he’s just as excited to work with me as I am to work with him.
- I love having three day weekends. It gives me more time to binge watch Game of Thrones. 😉
- My friend and I have made plans to go to a bar in the city called Headquarters Beercade. I’ve never been there, and have been bugging her to go. Ironically, her brother wanted to go for his birthday, so they invited me to tag along (this is in’t until July though).
- I’ve started meditating and I’ve found that it helps to keep me calm and grounded. I can get a little uptight/stressed, so it’s nice to have a way to help me relieve that, that isn’t sleeping.