Can we take a moment to talk about the fact that ACOWAR finally comes out IN EIGHT DAYS??? I just….I can’t contain myself (clearly). Anyway, for today’s Monday Morning Cuppa I’m going to review a couple of teas that I bought from Etsy and are inspired by Rhysand and Feyre during Starfall.
The “Dream Tea(m)”
Feyre: Apple, Hibiscus, sweet Blackberry leaves, White Chocolate and Raspberries, Edible glitter.
Rhysand: Apple, Hibiscus, Elderberry, Orange peel, Rosehip peel, Sour Cherries and Almonds, Edible glitter.
I bought both a while ago as part of the special edition Dream Tea(m) listing from Bookishteas. Right now I believe this particular set is sold out, but they have a ton of other book-inspired teas to try.
- Both of the teas smell absolutely delicious.
- The edible glitter looks gorgeous when you brew the tea.
- They included two homemade chocolate cookies to eat with your tea.
- Agave helps bring out the flavors in this tea really well.
- I hate to say it, but the teas taste the same to me (even though the Feyre tea smells fabulous from the white chocolate).
- I haven’t quite found the magic brewing combination yet (aka how much tea to use and how long to brew it).
- That being said, the tea doesn’t have ton of flavor beyond “tart”.
- I don’t think this tea really embodies Starfall because it is so tart. I think it needs to be a little sweeter.
- I do not like how it tasted with honey, and it has no flavor on its own.
This isn’t a tea that I sit and drink in one sitting; unfortunately I find myself putting my mug down and forgetting about it until it’s already gone cold and I have to reheat it. I really wanted to like the teas because smelling them and looking at the ingredients, they sounded delicious. I just really have a problem with the fact that the hibiscus overpowers all of the other flavors and makes them taste similar.