The other day I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award by the lovely Izzi @ Ravenclaw Book Club. You should hop on over to her blog and check out both her post and her blog. She recently reached 200 followers, so make sure you go and congratulate her. 😉
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger has given you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
How do you usually get out of a reading slump?
I feel like I’ve been in a slump since the beginning of the year, so I’m the worst person to ask this question. However, for the sake of this post, I’d probably have to say that I just take a break from reading. I may jump around and try to read a handful of books and see if any of them stick, but I won’t force myself to read.
What did you find out about blogging that you didn’t expect?
How creative people are with their posts; I’ve seen so many awesome and original features/memes that people have come up with. At the same time though, it kind of puts a little pressure on you because you want to be unique.
Why did you start blogging? What has kept you going?
I started blogging simply because I love books and I wanted some kind of portfolio for possible future jobs. I definitely got my interviewer’s attention the other day when I told her I had a book blog, which I had to mention because I’m so stinking proud of it. The thing that’s kept me going is the support from the lovely people who read my blog.
What’s your favourite bookish blog and why?
To be perfectly honest, I don’t have just one favorite blog. I also feel kind of like a douchenozzle picking one. Sorry! (If I can pinpoint a few later, I will add them here.)
What are your interests besides reading and blogging?
Writing (which I don’t get to do as often as I like anymore), meditation (which I also got away from for a while), crystals, incense, tea, YouTube (aka my version of reality TV), and just spending some quality time with my friends. Oh, and singing along to music on my way to work. Hehe.
What’s your favourite thing about yourself?
My hair, especially when I’ve just redyed it and it’s in its fiery red glory. I’ve had so many people tell me that they love my hair color and that it’s “seriously goals.” It definitely boosts my confidence a little.
Who are your three all-time favourite book characters?
Simon – Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda.
Mor – A Court of Mist and Fury.
Celaena – Throne of Glass Series.
Who are some of your auto-buy authors?
Sarah J. Maas, Helena Hunting, Christina Lauren, Victoria Aveyard, Leigh Bardugo, etc.
What are three things in a blurb that make you immediately want to read the book?
An intriguing plot (has to be something different), a mini backstory for a character (that doesn’t spoil anything), and a sense of danger.
What are the types of covers that you love?
As in paperback or hardcovers? Or what kind of covers draw me in? I’ll answer both: a) paperbacks usually and b) colorful covers. If they have lots of colors and/or beautiful artwork, I’m hooked. I will lust for that book for all my days.
Liss @ The Clumsy Bookworm
Beth @ Hello Beautiful Book Blog
Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews
Amber @ Bookstacks Amber
Jorlene @ Page Chronicles
- Do you have any quirky habits that you do while you’re reading? (I usually talk out loud to the characters…especially if they’re doing something I don’t agree with.)
- What’s your recipe for a perfect night/day of reading?
- What’s something you’re looking forward to in terms of blogging? (Are you close to a certain milestone?)
- Pick a character and give them advice (life advice, love advice, fashion advice, etc.).
- When you read do you see images or a movie going on inside your head?
- Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
- How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
- What is the longest you’ve gone without reading?
- What is the most money you’ve ever spent in a bookstore at one time?
- Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once they’ve been read?