Good morning my lovely readers! I hope you had/are having a lovely weekend. I’m trying not think about the fact that’s already over. Today I want to try something new (which you may notice is an upcoming theme for me. ;P) and get a little more personal by doing a weekly update. Now, there is a meme called the Sunday Post, but I’m not going to officially follow that, mainly because I don’t feel like linking up and doing everything that comes along with it. Let’s be real, is it really fair for someone to be able to take credit for having the idea to update their readers about what’s going on in their lives? I wanted to do that without knowing about the meme, but never committed to the idea until now.
Favorite Song: 27 – Fall Out Boy
Favorite TV Show: Stitchers – Freeform/ABC Family (seriously, does no one watch this show?
Favorite Tea (since I haven’t done a MMC in a while): Honey, I Dew (DAVIDsTEA)
Favorite iPhone App: Instagram
Weather: Rainy and cold. 😛
Mood: Dreary — we’ve had rain all week and it’s starting to bum me out.
Obsession: Bullet Journaling (I’ll explain more below)
Currently Reading: The Love that Split the World by Emily Henry
In Case You Missed It – this week’s posts:
- A Darker Shade of Magic (spoiler free) Critique
- March Wrap Up & Update
- Top Ten Tuesday | 10 Bookish People to Follow on Social Media
- Chit Chat | TBRs & Reading Slumps
- The Book Sacrifice Tag — I might redo this post.
- Holding Smoke Critique (Spoiler Free)
- We hit 60 followers and over 200 likes! That’s so incredibly exciting and I cannot wait to see where the blog goes in the future!
- Cat @ The Book Finch mentioned me in a blogger appreciation post and said the nicest things about the blog.
- I’ve got some super exciting posts coming up that I hope everyone enjoys. I’m really stoked and I think it’ll be a nice little change of pace.
- This week was fantastic for comments on my posts. I had so much fun talking with everyone!
- I’m currently talking to my sister about new graphics. Get excited!
Around the Bookisphere:
OHHHH!!! Today I got Cruel Crown and this amazing "the scarlet guard needs you" tote bag!!! Thank you @orionbooks I cannot wait to start this! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ sorry to repost but the other one was burry for some reason! #bookish #booknerd #bookporn #booktuber #booktube #bookstagram #booklover #bookworm #booknerdigans #igreads #instaread
- Ari @ The Daydreaming Bookworm had an awesome Rants & Rambles post where she discussed whether originality is attainable. Read it here.
- Melissa @ In a Bookish World wrote a review for ACOTAR and pretty much nailed it. Read it here.
- Reg @ She Latitude created a book look inspired by Truthwitch and I fell in love. View it here!
- This week’s theme for TTT was to share the love. Everyone had awesome posts and I discovered so many new people!
This week went by quickly, but at the same time it felt incredibly long. I think I mentioned that at work, we started a new ongoing project that’s going to take a while. We handle a lot of paperwork, and my bosses have decided that it’s time to digitize everything from 2013 and prior. This means that we have to go through everything, sort it, alphabetize it, and then scan it into an e-mail that gets sent to my boss. Holy crap you guys, the machines hate me; a job that should take a half hour tops will take me an hour because the machine will jam on air. Sometimes I hate technology. So we’ve been working on that whenever something becomes available for us to scan.
Aside from that, life has been pretty quiet; I started walking my best friend’s dog after work because it’s literally on my way home and she’s currently away at school (and not coming home this summer. Boooooo). Her mom is paying me a little something extra, which I’ve insisted she doesn’t have to, but she won’t listen to me. *sigh* I feel like a goober for taking he money, although the little extra cash will nice. (Does that make me a horrible person?) I’ve offically hit a wall with school, and I’m at the point in the semester where I don’t care about anything and all I want to do is blog, read, or sleep. I hate when this happens and it is going to be incredibly difficult to push through, but I’ve gotta do it. The end is near!
So as you saw, I’m currently reading a book and I actually posted a mini review yesterday…what?? Who am I? It’s almost like I’m out of my reading/blogging/life slump, which I don’t know about you, but a lot of people are going through right now. It absolutely sucks to go through, but it was nice to know what I wasn’t alone. There was just something in the air in March, I guess. Also, my current obsession is bullet journaling; I literally just found out about this on Friday when I was scrolling through my instagram feed. I’ve been on the lookout for a new planner to use for blogging, but haven’t found anything that has what I want. Bullet journaling is basically what I need/want because I customize it to fit my needs. I’m thinking about giving it a try, but I’m a little nervous because it’s so open ended, it might be a little overwhelming. I need to grab some inspiration and then get going with it. Having a planner for the blog will help me out immensely, especially when I go on vacation and fall behind a week. 😛
What’s going on in your lives? Any exciting news? Feel free to share below!