This is my first week taking part in Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted over on The Broke and Bookish. This week’s theme was a freebie, so I decided to write a post about ten bookish habits of mine.
- I’m always looking for new books. Always. On my kindle alone, I have something like 80 books that I haven’t read and I’m still looking for/buying more. It’s absolutely ridiculous, but I can’t help it! Books are my weakness.
- I become so emotionally invested in books that it can actually affect my mood when I’m not reading. The latest example of this was when I read Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (review to come! Some day…). I was in this inexplicable funk after I finished it. It lasted a few days, and as I thought about the book, I felt sad. (I don’t want to say much more until I write my review).
- Rolling with being too emotionally invested, if I know that something big is about to happen in a book that’s going to make me emotional, I tend to put off reading the book. I’m going through this right now with The Assassin’s Blade. (I have to push through it because I’m doing a buddy read.)
- I’m almost always in the middle of reading a million books at once. This is because I’ll start a book, then find another one and start reading that one, and so on. In the end, I end up forgetting about half the books I’ve started and never finish them.
- I obsessively update my Goodreads while I’m reading. It’s how I like to track my thoughts about the book, plus there’s something so satisfying about hitting, “I’ve Finished!” once I’m done.
- If I’m alone, I talk out loud as if I’m making my comments directly to the character.
- Even though hardcovers are usually prettier, I prefer paperback books. They’re easier for me to transport, read, and hold. I’m too worried about ruining the dust jacket.
- Before I read a book, I research it obsessively. I always go to goodreads, booktube, and Amazon to see what the reviews are saying. I tend to listen to booktube the most though. However, now that I have a blog, I’ll probably go to that more. (Other blogs, of course.)
- If you try to talk to me while I’m reading, chances are I probably won’t have any idea what you’re saying. I totally zone out and allow myself to be transported into the world of the book.
- I take lots of notes while I’m reading. Especially if I know that I’m writing a review for the book. My notes look like a conversation. lol
What are some of your bookish habits? Leave them down below!